- Login to your VCG Portal. Is the Equipment navigation link turned on for your Website? If yes, skip to step 6 below. If not, start at step 2 below:
- Click on the Website tab at the top.
- Scroll to Main Navigation Display.
- To turn the Equipment navigation link on, check the checkbox.
- Click Save Changes.
- Click on Website, hover over Site Content and select Equipment from the navigational drop down menu.
- All of the Equipment for which VCG offers default display content for your Website appear here in an alphabetically sorted list. The Equipment that are selected here will display on your Website under the main navigational link of Equipment. To change your Website's list of Equipment offered, simply select or deselect the checkboxes next to each product as appropriate and then click the Save Changes button at the bottom of the page.
- If your company is currently subscribed to more than one "domain", the list of Equipment for which VCG offers default display content for your Website will appear grouped by domain. (Note: Equipment are not visibly identified by domain when viewed by users on your Website - all Equipment selected here regardless of domain will simply be displayed in alphabetical order on your Website under the main navigational link of Equipment.)
- Clicking the Default Info link next to any of the Equipment for which VCG offers default display content for your Website will pop-up a window to show you a preview of the default content (text and images) for that specific product. What you see in the Default Info pop-up window is exactly what that associated product page's contents will look like should you choose to select this product as one to display on your Website and not customize the page. (Note: Clicking this link will not select the product to display on your Website, nor will it reset any product page whose content you've customized back to its default. This link is provided purely for informational purposes.)
- Should you wish to edit the content of any of your Website's product pages, just click the Edit link next to the product whose page content you wish to manage.
- To add your own product page(s), just click the Add Product link next to the Other label.
- Any product pages that you've added will display below the list of Equipment for which VCG offers default display content under a heading of Custom Pages. The product pages you've added will be referred to by the Navigation Title names that you provided for them. As with the list of VCG Equipment, should you wish to edit the content of any of your Website's custom product pages, just click the Edit link next to the product whose page content you wish to manage. To permanently remove one of your custom product pages, just click the Remove link next to the product whose page you wish to delete.
Note: Your selections here will not affect your Signsearch Network product profile, nor will any Signsearch Network product profile changes affect these, your Website’s Equipment Offered selections.
Page Header (H1)
Page Headers are the large bold headline text at the top of your content. Think of it as a "headline" in a newspaper. It should briefly describe the content below it.There is no character limit set to these Page Headers, but you should consider keeping them limited to no more than 2 lines tall
- Place your cursor in the Content Editor, and type your headline message
- To set your Page Header to not show, check the box next to Do not display
- Click Save Changes
The body content is the "meat" of the information you are giving to your customer. For a more custom page, users with knowledge of HTML can use the HTML editor to customize the content of their page. To open the HTML editor, simply click on the Source button and your content will change to HTML.
- Place your cursor in the Content Editor and type your message
- Users with HTML knowledge can edit the HTML source for their content by clicking on the Source button in the Menu Bar
- Click Save Changes
The page images are positioned either to the right or left of your Body Content, depending on your Website design. They also vary in width, depending on your Website design. There is no restriction on height. You may have up to 2 page images per page.
- Click the Click to browse field to upload and image from your local computer
- Enter your Alt Tag in the input field. We highly recommend using alt tags for your images. Alt tags can be used to provide additional information, are used by visual readers, they display when a user hovers over the image with their mouse and they display if a users is browsing without images turned on.
- To remove an image, click the Remove Page Image check box. If you're removing a custom image, it will be replaced with the default image if one is available
- To turn your Page Images off click the check box next to Do not display Page Images on this page. When Page Images are turned off, your body content area will expand the entire width of the available space (960px)
- Click Save Changes
Graphic headers are images that reside above your page's main content and below its navigational header. Typically these graphic header images are used to promote or highlight company specialties, Design Your Own (DYO) Equipment or to just provide each page with a different graphical element. Your Equipment pages graphic header images and display options can be managed on this page.
This page references the following elements of the Equipment pages of your Website:
- Graphic header image(s)
- Graphic header navigation (if "Banner slide show" option was selected)
Graphic Header Display
Single banner image - If your page has at least one available graphic header image selected as active for this page, you may choose this option to display a single graphic header image each time your page loads. If your page has just one available graphic header image selected as active for this page, this image will appear each time your page loads. If you page has more than one available graphic header image selected as active for this page, just one of your images will be selected at random to be displayed each time your page loads.
Banner slide show - If your page has more than one available graphic header image selected as active for this page, you may choose this option to display a "slide show" of your page's selected graphic header images each time your page loads. Up to five of your images will be selected at random to be displayed each time your page loads. The images in your slide show will be presented in random order and will automatically transition from one image to the next in an endless display loop. Your users can also choose to manually navigate back and forth through your slide show's images by way of the graphic header navigation style you specify in the Website > Site Design > Graphic Header section.
Do not display Graphic Headers - Select this option if you don't wish to display any graphic header images on your page. Even if your page has one or more available graphic header images selected as active for this page, none will be displayed if this option is selected.
Active Equipment Page Graphic Headers
This section shows all of the graphic header images that are currently selected as eligible to be displayed on this page. Clicking the delete icon next to an image will remove that image from being eligible to be displayed on this page, but it will not delete the image as one of your available to be selected graphic header images. For any image that you wish to be "clickable", select the Hyperlink this image option, provide a destination in the Image link field, (formatted as www.website.com, without the leading http://), and specify whether the link should be opened in a new browser window or the current (same) browser window, and then click the Save Changes button at the bottom of the page.
Available Graphic Header Images
This section shows all of the graphic header images that you've uploaded and that are subsequently available to be selected as eligible to be displayed on this page. To select an available graphic header image as eligible to be displayed on this page, (in other words, to make one of your available graphic header images an active graphic header image for this page), just select the checkbox beside one or more of your available graphic header images and click the Save Changes button at the bottom of the page.
Upload Graphic Header Images
This section allows you to add new graphic header images to your collection of available graphic headers. To upload a new graphic header image, simply click in the Click to browse window, browse to the desired image file on your computer or network, select to hyperlink the image if desired, providing a destination link and selecting whether the link should be opened in a new browser window or the current (same) browser window if "clickable", and then click the Save Changes button at the bottom of the page.
All uploaded graphic header images will be displayed as 990px wide. The height of your graphic header images is specified in the Website > Site Design > Graphic Header section under Graphic Header Size. You may set a specific unique height for graphic header images on your home page vs. all other pages on your site. Therefore, your graphic header images should be uploaded as 990px wide by whatever height you've specified for the particular page in question, (home or other), at 72dpi. Graphic header images that are not the correct size will appear distorted or of poor quality when viewed on your Website.
Accepted formats: JPG, PNG, GIF. Max file size: 700KB.
Then, we can add more options to the equipment category in your navigation bar:
- Click on the Website tab at the top.
- Hover over Site Content and click Custom Pages from the navigational drop down menu.
- Click the Add Custom page button.
- Select a subpage for existing main navigation / a stand alone page.
- In Subpage Location choose Equipment in the dropdown.
- Fill out the Page Title field. This is the text that will appear in the top of the browser window when the user is on that page. This field is required.
- Fill out the Navigation Title field. This is the text that will appear in the navigation dropdown menu when Subpage is selected.
- Fill out other fields as desired, formatting your style with the content editing tools.
- Enter the content for this page in the appropriate fields.
- When your page is complete, scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save Changes.