You can use either of the following methods to login to your SmarterMail account:
- Login to the VCG Portal at www.myvcg.com/login, click on Website (main navigation link), Site Admin, SmarterMail, and then click on the Launch SmarterMail button. Clicking the button will open a new login window in your browser to access the SmaterMail interface. Please note that the login information may be separate from your VCG Portal login.
- Type the login URL for SmarterMail directly in your browser http://webmail.[yourdomain.com], where [yourdomain.com] is the Internet address of your Website.
CalDAV and CardDAV allows mobile devices to remotely access, manage, and syncronize calendar and address book (contact) data stored on the Smartermail server. Changes made to the data stored on the mobile device is automatically sent to the server; and changes made on the server are received and updated on the mobile device.
CalDAV and CardDAV are protocols supported by the Apple iOS system (iPhone, iPad).
Follow these steps to set up Calendar synchronization using CardDav on the iPhone or iPad:
- Open the settings application.
- Tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Tap Add Account.
- Tap Other as account type
- Tap Add CardDAV account.
- Enter the following information:
- For Server, type [yourdomain.com]
- For User Name, enter your full email address
- Enter your Password
- Enter your Description for your contact list, example "Company Calendar"
- Make sure Use SSL is set to OFF.
- Change Port to 9988.
- Account URL should be http://yourdomain.com:9998/WebDAV/
Please be patient as your iPad will attempt to authenticate your settings with the mail server. It may take several minutes before your screen returns to the Mail, Contact, Calendars screen. Your iPad should now be able to synchronize calendar data with your SmarterMail account.
The timing of your synchronization depends on your settings on your device, as well as the settings on the mail server. Typically synchronization on the mail server happens within 10 minute intervals.