You can use either of the following methods to login to your SmarterMail account:
- Login to the VCG Portal at www.myvcg.com/login, click on Website (main navigation link), Site Admin, SmarterMail, and then click on the Launch SmarterMail button. Clicking the button will open a new login window in your browser to access the SmaterMail interface. Please note that the login information may be separate from your VCG Portal login.
- Type the login URL for SmarterMail directly in your browser http://webmail.[yourdomain.com], where [yourdomain.com] is the Internet address of your Website.
Your VCG hosted environment provides access to three different interfaces, myVCG Portal, and two powerful third-party account management interfaces, Website Control Panel, and SmarterMail (email). They are all distinctly different interfaces, and are, in no way, related to one another. To learn more about each of these interfaces, please visit the appropriate section highlighted in the Contents pane to your left.
You use myVCG Portal for:
- VCG account management
- Website Builder
- Signsearch Network profile management
- VCG Resources
- Access to VCG Support portal
- Online Store account management
You use Website Control Panel for:
- Setup and manage FTP accounts and files
- View website visitor statistics
- Monitor disk space and traffic usage
You use SmarterMail for:
- All email account management features
- Calendar management
- Contact management
Please note that your login information can be, and likely is, different for each of these interfaces. That is, this information is stored independently. Any changes you make to your Website Control Panel account information will not be reflected in the Portal or SmarterMail, and vice versa. While VCG can always reset your login information, this is something that we do not store or have access to. If you lose your login information, we will reset it upon request.
Follow these instructions to change the password for your SmarterMail email account:
- Log in to SmarterMail. This will be at mail.yourdomain.com. So, if your website is "myvcgprint.com", you would go to mail.myvcgprint.com to log in.
- Click the Settings (gears) icon at the top.
- Click the Change Password button.
- Type in your old password, the new password, and confirm the new password.
- Click Save.
SmarterMail, by SmarterTools, is the third-party email solution deployed by VCG for our hosted environment.
Note: Your email password is associated with your Smartermail login account (for things like email management and webmail). Changing your email (SmarterMail) account password does NOT change your Website Control Panel password. If you'd like to have the same password for your account in SmarterMail and Website Control Panel, you'll need to change it in both places.
SmarterMail is your webmail (or web-based email) interface that allows users to send and receive email by connecting to a web browser. You can push any incoming messages to your client email program (ex, Outlook) directly to your webmail account and vice versa.
In our ongoing efforts against spam and unauthorized access to the mail server, we've followed password requirement guidelines as set forth by Smartertools, the software provider of SmarterMail, the hosted email solution we use. These guidelines also follow the recommendations set forth by major email providers such as Google's Gmail.