You can use either of the following methods to login to your SmarterMail account:
- Login to the VCG Portal at www.myvcg.com/login, click on Website (main navigation link), Site Admin, SmarterMail, and then click on the Launch SmarterMail button. Clicking the button will open a new login window in your browser to access the SmaterMail interface. Please note that the login information may be separate from your VCG Portal login.
- Type the login URL for SmarterMail directly in your browser http://webmail.[yourdomain.com], where [yourdomain.com] is the Internet address of your Website.
Your VCG hosted environment provides access to three different interfaces, myVCG Portal, and two powerful third-party account management interfaces, Website Control Panel, and SmarterMail (email). They are all distinctly different interfaces, and are, in no way, related to one another. To learn more about each of these interfaces, please visit the appropriate section highlighted in the Contents pane to your left.
You use myVCG Portal for:
- VCG account management
- Website Builder
- Signsearch Network profile management
- VCG Resources
- Access to VCG Support portal
- Online Store account management
You use Website Control Panel for:
- Setup and manage FTP accounts and files
- View website visitor statistics
- Monitor disk space and traffic usage
You use SmarterMail for:
- All email account management features
- Calendar management
- Contact management
Please note that your login information can be, and likely is, different for each of these interfaces. That is, this information is stored independently. Any changes you make to your Website Control Panel account information will not be reflected in the Portal or SmarterMail, and vice versa. While VCG can always reset your login information, this is something that we do not store or have access to. If you lose your login information, we will reset it upon request.
Creating a signature allow users to sign their emails and include information that can be useful to other users receiving the email. For example, email signatures may include alternative contact details, pertinent job titles and company names, social media links, legal disclaimers or other important information.
Follow these steps to create a signature in SmarterMail:
- Click the Settings icon.
- Expand the My Settings folder.
- Click Signatures in the navigation pane. A list of existing signatures and mappings will load in the content pane.
- Click the Signatures tab.
- Click New in the content pane toolbar.
- In the Name field, type the name of the signature.
- Type the content of the signature in the text box.
- Click Save.
- Click Save again.
How to change the signature in email messages
SmarterMail allow users to change their signature on the compose page without having to go through multiple menus. This is especially helpful to users that send and receive messages from multiple email addresses via their SmarterMail account. NOTE: To use this feature, the user must have multiple signatures set up for their SmarterMail account.
Follow these steps to change a signature in SmarterMail:
- Click the Mail icon.
- Click New in the navigation pane toolbar to compose a new message. The new message window will open.
- In the Signature field, select the desired signature. SmarterMail will automatically update the signature in the body of the message.