You can use either of the following methods to login to your SmarterMail account:
- Login to the VCG Portal at www.myvcg.com/login, click on Website (main navigation link), Site Admin, SmarterMail, and then click on the Launch SmarterMail button. Clicking the button will open a new login window in your browser to access the SmaterMail interface. Please note that the login information may be separate from your VCG Portal login.
- Type the login URL for SmarterMail directly in your browser http://webmail.[yourdomain.com], where [yourdomain.com] is the Internet address of your Website.
Your VCG hosted environment provides access to three different interfaces, myVCG Portal, and two powerful third-party account management interfaces, Website Control Panel, and SmarterMail (email). They are all distinctly different interfaces, and are, in no way, related to one another. To learn more about each of these interfaces, please visit the appropriate section highlighted in the Contents pane to your left.
You use myVCG Portal for:
- VCG account management
- Website Builder
- Signsearch Network profile management
- VCG Resources
- Access to VCG Support portal
- Online Store account management
You use Website Control Panel for:
- Setup and manage FTP accounts and files
- View website visitor statistics
- Monitor disk space and traffic usage
You use SmarterMail for:
- All email account management features
- Calendar management
- Contact management
Please note that your login information can be, and likely is, different for each of these interfaces. That is, this information is stored independently. Any changes you make to your Website Control Panel account information will not be reflected in the Portal or SmarterMail, and vice versa. While VCG can always reset your login information, this is something that we do not store or have access to. If you lose your login information, we will reset it upon request.
This settings page is only available to domain administrators.
An email user account represents a person's actual mailbox and email address. For example, email@example.com. User accounts can receive email, send email, and login to the Webmail interface in addition to using the other features of SmarterMail. This includes things like calendaring, creating and sharing contacts, creating and managing tasks and much more.
To delete an email address:
- Once logged in, click on the Settings icon on the left hand side (Must have administrative permissions to delete a user).
- Click on Users under Domain Settings on the list on the left.
- Select the check box for the email address you'd like to delete.
- Then select Delete at the top.
- If you're sure you want to delete the email address, click OK.
Note: This will delete the email address. Any future emails addressed to this email will receive an error saying "No such user". Also, any of the emails that reside within the Inbox, Sent, Deleted folders, etc. will be deleted from the server as well. It's best to back up any necessary emails on your hard drive prior to deleting the account.