You can use either of the following methods to login to your SmarterMail account:
- Login to the VCG Portal at www.myvcg.com/login, click on Website (main navigation link), Site Admin, SmarterMail, and then click on the Launch SmarterMail button. Clicking the button will open a new login window in your browser to access the SmaterMail interface. Please note that the login information may be separate from your VCG Portal login.
- Type the login URL for SmarterMail directly in your browser http://webmail.[yourdomain.com], where [yourdomain.com] is the Internet address of your Website.
Your VCG hosted environment provides access to three different interfaces, myVCG Portal, and two powerful third-party account management interfaces, Website Control Panel, and SmarterMail (email). They are all distinctly different interfaces, and are, in no way, related to one another. To learn more about each of these interfaces, please visit the appropriate section highlighted in the Contents pane to your left.
You use myVCG Portal for:
- VCG account management
- Website Builder
- Signsearch Network profile management
- VCG Resources
- Access to VCG Support portal
- Online Store account management
You use Website Control Panel for:
- Setup and manage FTP accounts and files
- View website visitor statistics
- Monitor disk space and traffic usage
You use SmarterMail for:
- All email account management features
- Calendar management
- Contact management
Please note that your login information can be, and likely is, different for each of these interfaces. That is, this information is stored independently. Any changes you make to your Website Control Panel account information will not be reflected in the Portal or SmarterMail, and vice versa. While VCG can always reset your login information, this is something that we do not store or have access to. If you lose your login information, we will reset it upon request.
IMPORTANT: This setting is only available to domain administrators. If you wish to use the alias as a Catch-all please contact us at(800) 558-3054 or email us at email@example.com.
An email alias is essentially a forwarding email address that can be used to forward messages to a single address or multiple email addresses. Aliases are most commonly used for departments or groups of individuals, like a small team of people working on a project or task. For example, in a working environment with multiple email addresses, the office may want to make a central email address that distributes messages to all personnel. The alias, firstname.lastname@example.org, can be made for messages to be sent and then distributed to all of the employees.
Note: Even though an alias acts as an email address, users cannot login to an alias like they do a standard email address; there is not a mailbox associated with the alias and no email is ever actually stored for the alias itself. Instead, emails are simply sent to the list of addresses provided for the alias and are stored in the mailboxes of the individual users.
To access the email aliases for the domain, log in as a Domain Administrator:
- Click on the Domain Settings (gears with globe) icon.
- Click on the Accounts tab on the left.
- Click on the Aliases section at the top.
- Click New.
- Enter in the name of the Alias. This name will be used to create the email alias address. For example, if you named the alias "info" and your domain is "example.com," the email alias address would be email@example.com.
- Enter in the email addresses associated with this alias (one email address per line).
- Choose from the following options:
- Internal use only - Enable this option to only allow emails to be received from addresses within the alias’ domain.
- Include all domain users - Enable this option to include all domain users automatically in the alias. Note: This option does not override the email addresses listed in the Email Address box. If selected, all domain users will be included in addition to the users entered in the Email Addresses text box.
- Allow users to send from this alias - Enable this option to allow users to manually change their Send From address to the email alias address on new emails and replies
- Show as a room in chat - Enable this option to allow the alias to appear as a room in chat. Enabling aliases for chat means that instant messages can be sent to the alias from within webmail as well as when using third-party chat clients.
- Show in Global Address List - Enable this option to display the alias in the Global Address List. Note: This feature is only available when using SmarterMail Enterprise.
Note: Even though an alias acts as an email address, users cannot login to an alias like they do a standard email address since no email is ever actually stored for the alias. Emails are just sent to the list of addresses provided for the alias.