You can use either of the following methods to login to your SmarterMail account:
- Login to the VCG Portal at www.myvcg.com/login, click on Website (main navigation link), Site Admin, SmarterMail, and then click on the Launch SmarterMail button. Clicking the button will open a new login window in your browser to access the SmaterMail interface. Please note that the login information may be separate from your VCG Portal login.
- Type the login URL for SmarterMail directly in your browser http://webmail.[yourdomain.com], where [yourdomain.com] is the Internet address of your Website.
Your VCG hosted environment provides access to three different interfaces, myVCG Portal, and two powerful third-party account management interfaces, Website Control Panel, and SmarterMail (email). They are all distinctly different interfaces, and are, in no way, related to one another. To learn more about each of these interfaces, please visit the appropriate section highlighted in the Contents pane to your left.
You use myVCG Portal for:
- VCG account management
- Website Builder
- Signsearch Network profile management
- VCG Resources
- Access to VCG Support portal
- Online Store account management
You use Website Control Panel for:
- Setup and manage FTP accounts and files
- View website visitor statistics
- Monitor disk space and traffic usage
You use SmarterMail for:
- All email account management features
- Calendar management
- Contact management
Please note that your login information can be, and likely is, different for each of these interfaces. That is, this information is stored independently. Any changes you make to your Website Control Panel account information will not be reflected in the Portal or SmarterMail, and vice versa. While VCG can always reset your login information, this is something that we do not store or have access to. If you lose your login information, we will reset it upon request.
Please note: This setting is only available to domain administrators
An email alias is essentially a forwarding email address that can be used to forward messages to a single address or multiple email addresses. Aliases are most commonly used for departments or groups of individuals, like a small team of people working on a project or task.
For example, in a working environment with multiple email addresses, the office may want to make a central email address that distributes messages to all personnel. The alias email@example.com can be made for messages to be sent and then distributed to all of the employees.
To view a list of email aliases for the domain, click the settings icon. Then expand the Domain Settings folder and click Aliases in the navigation pane. A list of existing aliases will appear in the content pane.
To create a new email alias, click New in the content pane toolbar. To edit an existing email alias, select it and then click Edit in the content pane toolbar. Whether creating a new alias or editing an existing one, the settings for these will appear in a modal pop-up and the following options will be available:
- Alias Name - The name of the alias. This name will be used to create the email alias address. For example, if you named the alias "info" and the domain was "example.com," the email alias address would be firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Email Address (one per line) - Type the full email address(es) of the user(s) who should receive the messages sent to this alias.
- Include all domain users - Select this option to include all domain users automatically in the alias. Note: This option does not override the email addresses listed in the Email Address box. If selected, all domain users will be included in addition to the users entered in the Email Address box.
- Show in Global Address List - Select this to display the alias in the Global Address List.
- Internal only - Select this option to only allow emails to be received from addresses within the alias’ domain.
Note: Even though an alias acts as an email address, users cannot login to an alias like they do a standard email address since no email is ever actually stored for the alias. Emails are just sent to the list of addresses provided for the alias.