You can use either of the following methods to login to your SmarterMail account:
- Login to the VCG Portal at www.myvcg.com/login, click on Website (main navigation link), Site Admin, SmarterMail, and then click on the Launch SmarterMail button. Clicking the button will open a new login window in your browser to access the SmaterMail interface. Please note that the login information may be separate from your VCG Portal login.
- Type the login URL for SmarterMail directly in your browser http://webmail.[yourdomain.com], where [yourdomain.com] is the Internet address of your Website.
Your VCG hosted environment provides access to three different interfaces, myVCG Portal, and two powerful third-party account management interfaces, Website Control Panel, and SmarterMail (email). They are all distinctly different interfaces, and are, in no way, related to one another. To learn more about each of these interfaces, please visit the appropriate section highlighted in the Contents pane to your left.
You use myVCG Portal for:
- VCG account management
- Website Builder
- Signsearch Network profile management
- VCG Resources
- Access to VCG Support portal
- Online Store account management
You use Website Control Panel for:
- Setup and manage FTP accounts and files
- View website visitor statistics
- Monitor disk space and traffic usage
You use SmarterMail for:
- All email account management features
- Calendar management
- Contact management
Please note that your login information can be, and likely is, different for each of these interfaces. That is, this information is stored independently. Any changes you make to your Website Control Panel account information will not be reflected in the Portal or SmarterMail, and vice versa. While VCG can always reset your login information, this is something that we do not store or have access to. If you lose your login information, we will reset it upon request.
To view your calendar settings:
- Click the Settings icon.
- Expand the My Settings and Advanced Settings folder.
- Click Calendar Settings in the navigation pane.
The calendar settings will load in the content pane and the following tabs will be available:
Use this tab to specify the following settings:
- Default Calendar View - To specify the default calendar view (daily, weekly, monthly, or all appointments), select the appropriate option from the list.
- Enable display of weekends in the weekly view - Select this option to set the weekly calendar view to include the weekends.
- Enable display of weekends in the monthly view - Select this option to set the weekly calendar view to include the weekends.
Use this tab to specify the following task-related settings:
- Enable display of task start times in the calendar view - Select this option to view the date and time a task is scheduled to start on the calendar.
- Enable display of task due times in the calendar view - Select this option to view the date and time a task is scheduled to be completed on the calendar.
- Disable display of completed tasks - Select this option to remove completed tasks from the calendar view.
U.S. users can view the 7-day weather forecast on their calendar. To enable this option, type your postal code in the appropriate filed and select the Enable weather checkbox. Weather forecasts are provided by the National Weather Service.
SmarterMail users can use this tab to customize their calendar to display their typical hours. For example, if you typically schedule appointments from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., you can configure the visible hours to correspond with those times. Users can also configure the visible hours for each day of the week to allow for flexibility in your schedule.