You can use either of the following methods to login to your SmarterMail account:
- Login to the VCG Portal at www.myvcg.com/login, click on Website (main navigation link), Site Admin, SmarterMail, and then click on the Launch SmarterMail button. Clicking the button will open a new login window in your browser to access the SmaterMail interface. Please note that the login information may be separate from your VCG Portal login.
- Type the login URL for SmarterMail directly in your browser http://webmail.[yourdomain.com], where [yourdomain.com] is the Internet address of your Website.
Your VCG hosted environment provides access to three different interfaces, myVCG Portal, and two powerful third-party account management interfaces, Website Control Panel, and SmarterMail (email). They are all distinctly different interfaces, and are, in no way, related to one another. To learn more about each of these interfaces, please visit the appropriate section highlighted in the Contents pane to your left.
You use myVCG Portal for:
- VCG account management
- Website Builder
- Signsearch Network profile management
- VCG Resources
- Access to VCG Support portal
- Online Store account management
You use Website Control Panel for:
- Setup and manage FTP accounts and files
- View website visitor statistics
- Monitor disk space and traffic usage
You use SmarterMail for:
- All email account management features
- Calendar management
- Contact management
Please note that your login information can be, and likely is, different for each of these interfaces. That is, this information is stored independently. Any changes you make to your Website Control Panel account information will not be reflected in the Portal or SmarterMail, and vice versa. While VCG can always reset your login information, this is something that we do not store or have access to. If you lose your login information, we will reset it upon request.
Spammers can forge the From address on mail messages so that the spam appears to come from a user in your domain. To help prevent this sort of abuse, most mail servers enable you to add a digital "signature" to the header of mail messages sent from your domain. These digital signatures are referred to as DomainKeys or DKIM. Recipients can check the domain signature to verify that the message really comes from your domain and that it has not been changed along the way. (If your domain has an SPF record, recipients can also verify that the message came from an authorized mail server.)
If you are using SmarterMail, VCG's hosted mail solution, domain administrators can use the built in tool to generate a 1024-bit domain key that SmarterMail uses to create signed mail headers that are unique to your domain. You add the public key to the Domain Name System (DNS) records for your domain. Recipients can verify the source of a mail message by retrieving your public key and using it to confirm your signature.
Follow these steps to create a DKIM key from your SmarterMail account (for domain administrators only):
- Click the Settings icon.
- Expand the Domain Settings and Advanced Settings folders in the navigation pane.
- Click Mail Signing.
- Click the Options tab and select the Enable DKIM Signing checkbox for DKIM or Enable Domain Key checkbox.
- Click the Certificate tab.
- In the Selector field, enter a unique name, example "myvcg".
- Click Generate Key in the content pane toolbar.
- The TXT Record Name and TXT Record Value fields will populate. You will need to set up TXT record in your DNS with this name and value.
If VCG is hosting your DNS, please email the Record Name and TXT Record Value to VCG Client Support via the online support portal (submitting a support ticket). As of May 18, 2015, and unless requested otherwise, all new VCG hosted domains are created with a default DKIM record in their DNS record (if DNS is managed by VCG).