You can use either of the following methods to login to your SmarterMail account:
- Login to the VCG Portal at www.myvcg.com/login, click on Website (main navigation link), Site Admin, SmarterMail, and then click on the Launch SmarterMail button. Clicking the button will open a new login window in your browser to access the SmaterMail interface. Please note that the login information may be separate from your VCG Portal login.
- Type the login URL for SmarterMail directly in your browser http://webmail.[yourdomain.com], where [yourdomain.com] is the Internet address of your Website.
Your VCG hosted environment provides access to three different interfaces, myVCG Portal, and two powerful third-party account management interfaces, Website Control Panel, and SmarterMail (email). They are all distinctly different interfaces, and are, in no way, related to one another. To learn more about each of these interfaces, please visit the appropriate section highlighted in the Contents pane to your left.
You use myVCG Portal for:
- VCG account management
- Website Builder
- Signsearch Network profile management
- VCG Resources
- Access to VCG Support portal
- Online Store account management
You use Website Control Panel for:
- Setup and manage FTP accounts and files
- View website visitor statistics
- Monitor disk space and traffic usage
You use SmarterMail for:
- All email account management features
- Calendar management
- Contact management
Please note that your login information can be, and likely is, different for each of these interfaces. That is, this information is stored independently. Any changes you make to your Website Control Panel account information will not be reflected in the Portal or SmarterMail, and vice versa. While VCG can always reset your login information, this is something that we do not store or have access to. If you lose your login information, we will reset it upon request.
Please note that this How To article is provided for reference only. If VCG is not hosting your DNS, please refer to your provider for information relating to creating an SPF record.
We recommend that a Sender Policy Framework (SPF) record is created for your domain. An SPF record is a type of Domain Name Service (DNS) record that identifies which mail servers are permitted to send email on behalf of your domain.
When a recipient's mail server receives a message from firstname.lastname@example.org, it can check the SPF record for example.com to determine whether it is a valid message. If the message comes from a server other than the mail servers listed in the SPF record, the recipient's mail server can reject it as spam.
If your domain does not have an SPF record, some recipient domains may reject messages from your users because they cannot validate that the messages come from an authorized mail server.
If VCG manages your DNS record, please contact VCG Client Support for information relating to creating your SPF record. As of May 18, 2015, and unless requested otherwise, all new VCG hosted domains are created with a default SPF record in their DNS record (if DNS is managed by VCG).
If VCG does not manage your DNS, please contact the company that manages it to inquire about creating an SPF record. If VCG is hosting your email, you will need to include VCG's hosted mail server information mta.vcgcorporate.com in your SPF record.
You can validate your SPF record using any of the online SPF Record checking tools. Here are a few suggested links:
SPF Query Tool (www.kitterman.com