You can use either of the following methods to login to your SmarterMail account:
- Login to the VCG Portal at www.myvcg.com/login, click on Website (main navigation link), Site Admin, SmarterMail, and then click on the Launch SmarterMail button. Clicking the button will open a new login window in your browser to access the SmaterMail interface. Please note that the login information may be separate from your VCG Portal login.
- Type the login URL for SmarterMail directly in your browser http://webmail.[yourdomain.com], where [yourdomain.com] is the Internet address of your Website.
Your VCG hosted environment provides access to three different interfaces, myVCG Portal, and two powerful third-party account management interfaces, Website Control Panel, and SmarterMail (email). They are all distinctly different interfaces, and are, in no way, related to one another. To learn more about each of these interfaces, please visit the appropriate section highlighted in the Contents pane to your left.
You use myVCG Portal for:
- VCG account management
- Website Builder
- Signsearch Network profile management
- VCG Resources
- Access to VCG Support portal
- Online Store account management
You use Website Control Panel for:
- Setup and manage FTP accounts and files
- View website visitor statistics
- Monitor disk space and traffic usage
You use SmarterMail for:
- All email account management features
- Calendar management
- Contact management
Please note that your login information can be, and likely is, different for each of these interfaces. That is, this information is stored independently. Any changes you make to your Website Control Panel account information will not be reflected in the Portal or SmarterMail, and vice versa. While VCG can always reset your login information, this is something that we do not store or have access to. If you lose your login information, we will reset it upon request.
Content filtering can be used for a number of different functions. For this article we're going to focus on how to prevent mail from being delivered from a specific domain.
While spam filters are good, they wont always catch everything. If you are noticing emails from a specific domain that appear to be spam, you can set your mail to simply ignore any emails from that domain.
Follow these instructions to enable Content Filtering for your SmarterMail email account:
- Click the Settings icon.
- Expand the Filtering folder.
- Click on Content Filtering.
- Select New to create a new filter.
- Check the box labeled From specific domains in the From Address list, then select Next.
- Enter the domain you would like to block in the From Address input field. Do not enter www, only enter what appears after the @ in the spam email you are attempting to block. If entering more than one, they will need to be on separate lines. Once all the domains you wish to block have been entered, select Next.
- Give your filtering rule a name. This will allow you to easily identify it from a list of filters. Then select the check box next to the action you would like to happen when the mail server encounters a message from your chosen domains.
- Click Save to activate your filtering rule.