Entourage is an email client used by Mac computers and is a product of Microsoft. To use Entourage to check your email, please follow these steps.
- Select Tools > Accounts from the menu bar to open the Accounts dialog box.
- Select New > Mail... to create a new IMAP or POP mail account.
- Next, either use the Setup Wizard to add your account, or select setup manually. In either case you will need to know the following information:
- Email Address
- Account ID (your email address without the domain, ex, for email@example.com, use john.smith)
- Email Password
To setup your email manually enter the following info in the appropriate fields:
- Account Name - This is what you want to name your account on your computer.
- Name - This is the name that will be displayed when you send email to people.
- Email address - Enter your FULL email address in this field.
- Account ID - enter your FULL email address in this field (include your domain, ex, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- POP server - mail.yourdomain.com or yourdomain.com
- Password - enter your email password.
- SMTP server - mail.yourdomain.com or yourdomain.com
If you are receiving errors when trying to send and you've verified that all the setting are correct. You will want to override the default SMTP port. To do so open your Account settings and click on the button labeled "Click here for advanced sending options" under the Sending mail section. Click the check box next to "Override default SMTP port:" and change the value from 25 to 587.