You can use either of the following methods to login to your SmarterMail account:
- Login to the VCG Portal at www.myvcg.com/login, click on Website (main navigation link), Site Admin, SmarterMail, and then click on the Launch SmarterMail button. Clicking the button will open a new login window in your browser to access the SmaterMail interface. Please note that the login information may be separate from your VCG Portal login.
- Type the login URL for SmarterMail directly in your browser http://webmail.[yourdomain.com], where [yourdomain.com] is the Internet address of your Website.
Your VCG hosted environment provides access to three different interfaces, myVCG Portal, and two powerful third-party account management interfaces, Website Control Panel, and SmarterMail (email). They are all distinctly different interfaces, and are, in no way, related to one another. To learn more about each of these interfaces, please visit the appropriate section highlighted in the Contents pane to your left.
You use myVCG Portal for:
- VCG account management
- Website Builder
- Signsearch Network profile management
- VCG Resources
- Access to VCG Support portal
- Online Store account management
You use Website Control Panel for:
- Setup and manage FTP accounts and files
- View website visitor statistics
- Monitor disk space and traffic usage
You use SmarterMail for:
- All email account management features
- Calendar management
- Contact management
Please note that your login information can be, and likely is, different for each of these interfaces. That is, this information is stored independently. Any changes you make to your Website Control Panel account information will not be reflected in the Portal or SmarterMail, and vice versa. While VCG can always reset your login information, this is something that we do not store or have access to. If you lose your login information, we will reset it upon request.
Greylisting is used to prevent bulk emailers and SPAM bots from getting their email delivered. Greylisting is a temporary rejection of the message that forces the sending agent to resend the message at a later time. Legitimate senders will attempt a retry the message later while bots and spammers normally will not.
From Wikipedia: "Greylisting (or graylisting) is a method of defending email users against spam. A mail transfer agent (MTA) using greylisting will "temporarily reject" any email from a sender it does not recognize. If the mail is legitimate the originating server will, after a delay, try again and, if sufficient time has elapsed, the email will be accepted."
Greylisting is turned on by default on shared mail servers in our ongoing battle against spam.We recommend that you do not disable greylisting.
To disable greylisting:
- Click the Settings icon.
- Expand My Settings.
- Click on Account Settings.
- On the User tab, check the Disable greylisting checkbox.
- Click Save.