To add a hyperlink to your Online Store from another website is relatively easy, but if you are unfamiliar with HTML, you may want to contact a qualified web designer, or the developer who set up your site initially.
If you have some HTML experience, want to tackle this project yourself here are the steps to adding a link.
- Open your HTML file in a HTML editor such as Dreamweaver or BBEdit. You can also edit HTML in a simple text editor such as Windows Notepad or Mac's TextEdit.
- Locate the image (<img>) or text you want to add the link to.
- Add an Anchor tag around your text or image that will look something like this. <a href="your link address">your text or image</a>.
- You must have an opening and closing tag to your anchor for your link to work properly (a closing tag goes at the end and looks like </a>)
- href=" " is the attribute that tells the browser what URL to display when clicked
For more information on how to edit HTML, you can find a full list of HTML tags and their functions at www.w3schools.com/html/