You can use either of the following methods to login to your SmarterMail account:
- Login to the VCG Portal at www.myvcg.com/login, click on Website (main navigation link), Site Admin, SmarterMail, and then click on the Launch SmarterMail button. Clicking the button will open a new login window in your browser to access the SmaterMail interface. Please note that the login information may be separate from your VCG Portal login.
- Type the login URL for SmarterMail directly in your browser http://webmail.[yourdomain.com], where [yourdomain.com] is the Internet address of your Website.
Users can synchronize SmarterMail contacts with their Mac Address Book using the CardDAV protocol on computers running OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) and later.
Follow these steps to set up syncing through CardDav:
- Launch Address Book and select the Preferences menu.
- Select vCard tab and change vCardFormat to 2.1 as shown below.
- Click Accounts. Click + to add an account.
- Set Account type as CardDAV.
- Enter your Full email address, password and server address. Your server address is your domain preceded by mail. as show in the example below. NOTE: Use format email*yourdomain.com instead of firstname.lastname@example.org for your username.
- If a warning appears that says, "Address Book couldn't discover the account settings for CardDAV server..." follow these steps:
- Click Create
- Open Finder
- Navigate to ~/Library/Application Support/AddressBook/Sources/
- In this directory, there will be a folder with a long string of characters. Navigate to it.
- Double-click Configuration.plist
- Change the servername field to secure.myvcgmail.com
- Save and close
- Open AddressBook