You can use either of the following methods to login to your SmarterMail account:
- Login to the VCG Portal at www.myvcg.com/login, click on Website (main navigation link), Site Admin, SmarterMail, and then click on the Launch SmarterMail button. Clicking the button will open a new login window in your browser to access the SmaterMail interface. Please note that the login information may be separate from your VCG Portal login.
- Type the login URL for SmarterMail directly in your browser http://webmail.[yourdomain.com], where [yourdomain.com] is the Internet address of your Website.
Users can synchronize their SmarterMail calendar with iCal by using the CalDAV protocol on computers running OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) and later.
Follow these steps to set up syncing through CalDAV:
- Launch iCal and select the Preferences menu
- Click Accounts. Click + to add an account.
- Select Account type CalDAV from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your Full email address, password and server address. Your server address is your domain preceded by mail. as show in the example below.
- You will more than likely get an error that says, "No CalDAV servers were found" or, "iCal found the server, but can't login". if this happens click Create and follow the instructions in step 6.
- If a warning appears, use the following values in the Calendar Server Options menu:
- Account Template: None.
- Ensure your full email address and password are filled in.
- Enter mail.[yourdomain.com] for server address.
- Enter /WebDAV/ for server path.
- Change Port value to 9998
- Make sure the Use SSL box is Unchecked
- Click Create.