Clients with websites created prior to April 22, 2019 (v1.0)
You can use either of the following methods to login to your Website Control Panel:
- Login to the VCG Portal at www.myvcg.com/login, click on Website (main navigation link), Website Control Panel, and then click on the "Launch Control Panel" button. Clicking the button will open a new login window in your browser to access the Website Control Panel interface. Please note that the login information may be separate from your VCG Portal login.
- Type the login URL for the Website Control Panel directly in your browser www.yourdomain.com:8880 (note that you need the :8880 at the end of your URL).
Your VCG hosted environment provides access to three different interfaces, myVCG Portal, and two powerful third-party account management interfaces, Website Control Panel, and SmarterMail (email). They are all distinctly different interfaces, and are, in no way, related to one another. To learn more about each of these interfaces, please visit the appropriate section highlighted in the Contents pane to your left.
You use myVCG Portal for:
- VCG account management
- Website Builder
- Signsearch Network profile management
- VCG Resources
- Access to VCG Support portal
- Online Store account management
You use Website Control Panel for:
- Setup and manage FTP accounts and files
- View website visitor statistics
- Monitor disk space and traffic usage
You use SmarterMail for:
- All email account management features
- Calendar management
- Contact management
Please note that your login information can be, and likely is, different for each of these interfaces. That is, this information is stored independently. Any changes you make to your Website Control Panel account information will not be reflected in the Portal or SmarterMail, and vice versa. While VCG can always reset your login information, this is something that we do not store or have access to. If you lose your login information, we will reset it upon request.
You have access to various advanced sections in your Website Control Panel, some of which are not supported in your VCG hosted environment.
The advanced sections include:
- Web Users (not supported) - personal web pages are not supported.
- Logs (supported) - access to download and review website log files (advanced users only). Most users should refer to the Website Statistics reporting, which provides a graphical interface that interprets these log files.
- File Manager (limited support) - access to File Manager is provided for setting up FTP directories. The only folder that should be accessed is the private folder (yourdomain.com/private). It is not recommended to change or delete any other folders or files. Changes may cause issues with your Website, and additional charges will apply for any requested VCG support to correct any issues.
- Parallels provided "Help" link (not supported) - Parallels provides access to a ?Help link in the top section of your Website Control Panel. While some of the Parallels provided help documentation is relevant to your VCG hosted environment, the majority of the content is provided for other platform services not supported by VCG. Please refer to VCG provided help documentation for any assistance (this document), or contact Client Support at (800) 558-3054.