You can use either of the following methods to login to your Website Control Panel:
- Login to the VCG Portal at www.myvcg.com/login, click on Website (main navigation link), Website Control Panel, and then click on the "Launch Control Panel" button. Clicking the button will open a new login window in your browser to access the Website Control Panel interface. Please note that the login information may be separate from your VCG Portal login.
- Type the login URL for the Website Control Panel directly in your browser www.yourdomain.com:8880 (note that you need the :8880 at the end of your URL).
Your VCG hosted environment provides access to three different interfaces, myVCG Portal, and two powerful third-party account management interfaces, Website Control Panel, and SmarterMail (email). They are all distinctly different interfaces, and are, in no way, related to one another. To learn more about each of these interfaces, please visit the appropriate section highlighted in the Contents pane to your left.
You use myVCG Portal for:
- VCG account management
- Website Builder
- Signsearch Network profile management
- VCG Resources
- Access to VCG Support portal
- Online Store account management
You use Website Control Panel for:
- Setup and manage FTP accounts and files
- View website visitor statistics
- Monitor disk space and traffic usage
You use SmarterMail for:
- All email account management features
- Calendar management
- Contact management
Please note that your login information can be, and likely is, different for each of these interfaces. That is, this information is stored independently. Any changes you make to your Website Control Panel account information will not be reflected in the Portal or SmarterMail, and vice versa. While VCG can always reset your login information, this is something that we do not store or have access to. If you lose your login information, we will reset it upon request.
The Statistics tab contains detailed reports on how resources associated with your Website are used.
The following information is presented in charts:
- Disk space used by websites, databases, and other files located in your webspace.
- Traffic used by FTP and web services during the current month.
- FTP field shows the information about the total size of files transferred to and from the webspace over the file transfer protocol.
- HTTP field shows the information about the total amount of data transferred from all of your websites over HTTP protocol, that is, retrieved by web browsers.
AWStats is a powerful and feature rich tool that generates advanced web, streaming, ftp or mail server statistics, graphically.
Some of the detailed reporting that AWStats is able to show you includes:
- Number of visits, and number of unique visitors
- Visits duration and last visits
- Days of week and rush hours
- Domains/Countries of hosts visitors
- Hosts list
- Most viewed, entry and exit pages
- Operating Systems used
- Browsers used