Clients with websites created prior to April 22, 2019 (v1.0)
You can use either of the following methods to login to your Website Control Panel:
- Login to the VCG Portal at www.myvcg.com/login, click on Website (main navigation link), Website Control Panel, and then click on the "Launch Control Panel" button. Clicking the button will open a new login window in your browser to access the Website Control Panel interface. Please note that the login information may be separate from your VCG Portal login.
- Type the login URL for the Website Control Panel directly in your browser www.yourdomain.com:8880 (note that you need the :8880 at the end of your URL).
Your VCG hosted environment provides access to three different interfaces, myVCG Portal, and two powerful third-party account management interfaces, Website Control Panel, and SmarterMail (email). They are all distinctly different interfaces, and are, in no way, related to one another. To learn more about each of these interfaces, please visit the appropriate section highlighted in the Contents pane to your left.
You use myVCG Portal for:
- VCG account management
- Website Builder
- Signsearch Network profile management
- VCG Resources
- Access to VCG Support portal
- Online Store account management
You use Website Control Panel for:
- Setup and manage FTP accounts and files
- View website visitor statistics
- Monitor disk space and traffic usage
You use SmarterMail for:
- All email account management features
- Calendar management
- Contact management
Please note that your login information can be, and likely is, different for each of these interfaces. That is, this information is stored independently. Any changes you make to your Website Control Panel account information will not be reflected in the Portal or SmarterMail, and vice versa. While VCG can always reset your login information, this is something that we do not store or have access to. If you lose your login information, we will reset it upon request.
The management of your profile, or account information for your account profile is performed through the "Account" tab in your Website Control Panel.
Please note that your account information, including login and password, can be different than your login to the MyVCG Portal. That is, this information is stored independent of one another. Any changes you make to your Website Control Panel account information will not be reflected in the Portal, and vice versa. While VCG can always reset your login information, this is something that we do not store or have access to. If you lose your login information, we will reset it upon request.
To manage your profile information:
- Click on the Account tab.
- Click on "My Profile".
Alternatively, you can click the drop down arrow next to your account name, and then choose "Edit Profile"
On the "General" tab,
- You can create a new username (email address) under your account, or if you prefer, use an external email address for login. Changes made here will be immediately reflected, and you can use the new email address as the new username login.
- If you'd like to change your password, enter the new information in this field and then confirm the new password.
How to change your username
If you'd like to change your username, simply reenter the new information in the email address fields and then click OK.
Changes to Contact Details
Changes made to the Contact Details tab will not have any effect on your account. This information is not used, and therefore any updates or changes to this information is unnecessary.