Clients with websites created prior to April 22, 2019 (v1.0)
You can use either of the following methods to login to your Website Control Panel:
- Login to the VCG Portal at www.myvcg.com/login, click on Website (main navigation link), Website Control Panel, and then click on the "Launch Control Panel" button. Clicking the button will open a new login window in your browser to access the Website Control Panel interface. Please note that the login information may be separate from your VCG Portal login.
- Type the login URL for the Website Control Panel directly in your browser www.yourdomain.com:8880 (note that you need the :8880 at the end of your URL).
Your VCG hosted environment provides access to three different interfaces, myVCG Portal, and two powerful third-party account management interfaces, Website Control Panel, and SmarterMail (email). They are all distinctly different interfaces, and are, in no way, related to one another. To learn more about each of these interfaces, please visit the appropriate section highlighted in the Contents pane to your left.
You use myVCG Portal for:
- VCG account management
- Website Builder
- Signsearch Network profile management
- VCG Resources
- Access to VCG Support portal
- Online Store account management
You use Website Control Panel for:
- Setup and manage FTP accounts and files
- View website visitor statistics
- Monitor disk space and traffic usage
You use SmarterMail for:
- All email account management features
- Calendar management
- Contact management
Please note that your login information can be, and likely is, different for each of these interfaces. That is, this information is stored independently. Any changes you make to your Website Control Panel account information will not be reflected in the Portal or SmarterMail, and vice versa. While VCG can always reset your login information, this is something that we do not store or have access to. If you lose your login information, we will reset it upon request.
The Account Information tab in your Website Control Panel provides an overview of your hosting configuration and setup parameters. Information includes:
- Amount of resources used for your account, including
- Disk space
- FTP account information
- Your account profile information
Changes to your account login can be made from this page. Please see "How to manage your control panel account profile" for information on changing your profile information.