You can use either of the following methods to login to your Website Control Panel:
- Login to the VCG Portal at www.myvcg.com/login, click on Website (main navigation link), Website Control Panel, and then click on the "Launch Control Panel" button. Clicking the button will open a new login window in your browser to access the Website Control Panel interface. Please note that the login information may be separate from your VCG Portal login.
- Type the login URL for the Website Control Panel directly in your browser www.yourdomain.com:8880 (note that you need the :8880 at the end of your URL).
Your Website services account offers three powerful FTP options for allowing your clients to send you files through your site:
Custom Form Pages - Standard File Upload
Adding a custom form page to your Website enables your clients to upload files of up to 24MB each to your site's FTP directory. Adding a "Send a File" type custom form page to your Website is a very easy and convenient way to allow your clients to send you files without requiring them to have an FTP client, an account login, or any real familiarity with file transfer. Email notifications of files received when a file has been uploaded via your "Send a File" custom form page are sent to the email address you choose on setup. To learn more about adding file upload (FTP) functionality to a custom form page on your Website, please click here.
Note: You should delete files from your FTP directory after you have successfully downloaded them. File storage for your FTP directory is calculated as part of your total disk space allotment (2GB for most service plans). Exceeding your total disk space allotment may result in the suspension of your Website.
Custom Form Pages - ExaVault Large File Uploader
ExaVault is available only to VCG subscriptions that include either a Store or the Website - Hosting Max option
While your website's Standard file upload option restricts your users to uploading files that are less than 24MB in size, the ExaVault large file upload option carries no such file size restriction, and as such, is perfect for allowing your customers a facility for large file uploads through your website. The ExaVault user interface also offers an easier to use, more efficient means of accepting, managing, and downloading customer files than does the Standard file upload FTP alternative. Email notifications of files received when a file has been uploaded via your "Send a File" custom form page are sent to your ExaVault account's email address. To learn more about adding file upload (FTP) functionality to a custom form page on your Website, please click here.
Note: Your ExaVault account is intended as a file transfer facility and not as a long term file storage option. All files uploaded to your ExaVault account will automatically expire and be deleted after 60 days (you will receive multiple email notifications, days before any files are automatically deleted). To ensure that no uploaded files are lost, please be sure to proactively manage your ExaVault account by downloading and then deleting files prior to their expiration.
FTP Account Access
Your Website services account also comes with FTP functionality to allow password protected access by your clients using either their preferred FTP client software such as FileZilla, CuteFTP, Bulletproof FTP, Fetch, etc. or their FTP compatible browser such as Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer. In order to allow clients file transfer access via an FTP client or FTP compatible browser, you'll first need to setup an FTP account for them. To learn more about using an FTP compatible browser for file transfer, please click here to read this KB article.
For Standard File Upload (FTP), the FTP address for your Website is yourdomain.com:8880 (where yourdomain.com is your URL)
If you have already created an FTP directory (folder) for your client, you will need to create an FTP user account for your client to use to access that folder. Your client cannot access your FTP on your Website without an account. Alternatively, you may elect to create an FTP user account without creating a new directory, and direct all file transfers to the default "Private" directory in your webspace.
To create an FTP user account:
- With the Websites & Domains tab selected on the left, click on Show More.
- Click on FTP Access.
- Click on the Add an FTP Account button located at the top of the page.
- Enter an FTP account name in the field. No spaces.
- Click the folder icon next to Home Directory to select a home directory for this user (ex. /private).
- Enter a password and confirm the password in the next field.
- Choose the appropriate read and write permissions (Read = download files, Write = upload/delete files).
- Click OK.
You'll see the new user populate in this window.