Adding a "Send a File" type custom form page to your website is a very easy and convenient way to allow your clients to send you files without requiring them to have an FTP client, an account login, or any real familiarity with file transfer. We offer two different options for allowing your clients to upload files through your website, the Standard file upload option and/or the ExaVault large file upload option. While the Standard file upload option restricts your users to uploading files less than 24MB, the ExaVault option carries no such file size restriction. The ExaVault large file upload option is available only to VCG subscriptions that include either a Store or the Website - Hosting Max add-on option.
Files uploaded via the Standard file option can be retrieved via FTP from your website under your domain's "/private/ftp" folder. Files uploaded via ExaVault can be retrieved by logging into your ExaVault account. In both use cases, email notifications of files received when a file has been uploaded via your "Send a File" custom form page are sent to you at the email address you've provided.
Creating a custom form page for file uploading:
- Click on Website > Site Content > Custom Pages from the navigational drop down menu located in the header of your site.
- Click the Add Custom Form Page button.
- Select the type of page you are creating. Your choices are:
Fill out the Main Navigation Title field. This is the text that will appear in your main site navigation located in the header of your site. This field is required.
Fill out the Page Title field in the Meta Tags section. This is the text that will appear in the top of your browser window. This field is required.
Choose the Subpage location from the drop-down. If you’re selecting a main navigation item, your page will be created as a drop-down menu item from an existing main navigation item. The Stand Alone option will not appear under any navigation item, a hyperlink will be necessary to access this page.
Fill out the Page Title field in the Meta Tags section. This is the text that will appear in the top of the browser window when the user is on that page. This field is required.
Fill out the Navigation Title field. This is the text that will appear in the navigation drop-down menu when Subpage is selected. This field is required.
- Standard file upload only
- ExaVault large file upload only
- Both ExaVault large file and standard file upload
- If Standard file upload is selected, set the maximum number of files a customer can upload in the drop-down below it.
- Email address form will be submitted to: Specify the email address in which you will receive notifications of completed customer upload forms.
- Email subject: Subject line for the confirmation email your customers will receive upon submission of the upload form.
- Email message: Email content your customers will receive upon upload form submission.
- Form submission details will automatically be inserted between the "Email message" and "Company email signature" in the confirmation email sent to your customer.
- Company email signature: Add your company email signature (if applicable).