Adding a "Send a File" type custom form page to your website is a very easy and convenient way to allow your clients to send you files without requiring them to have an FTP client, an account login, or any real familiarity with file transfer. Note: The "Send a File" feature is restricted to sending files that are less than 24MB.
Files uploaded via custom form pages can be retrieved via FTP from your website under your domain's "/private/ftp" folder. Email notifications of files received when a file has been uploaded via your "Send a File" custom form page are sent to you at the email address you've provided.
Creating a custom form page for file uploading:
- Click on the Website tab at the top.
- Hover over Site Content and click Custom Pages from the navigational drop down menu located in the header of your site.
- Click the Add Custom Form Page button.
- Select the type of page you are creating. Your choices are:
Fill out the Main Navigation Title field. This is the text that will appear in your main site navigation located in the header of your site. This field is required.
Fill out the Page Title field in the Meta Tags section. This is the text that will appear in the top of your browser window. This field is required.
Choose the Subpage location from the drop-down. If you’re selecting a main navigation item, your page will be created as a drop-down menu item from an existing main navigation item. The Stand Alone option will not appear under any navigation item, a hyperlink will be necessary to access this page.
Fill out the Page Title field in the Meta Tags section. This is the text that will appear in the top of the browser window when the user is on that page. This field is required.
Fill out the Navigation Title field. This is the text that will appear in the navigation drop-down menu when Subpage is selected. This field is required.
- Standard file upload only
- If Standard file upload is selected, set the maximum number of files a customer can upload in the drop-down below it.
- Email address form will be submitted to: Specify the email address in which you will receive notifications of completed customer upload forms.
- Email subject: Subject line for the confirmation email your customers will receive upon submission of the upload form.
- Email message: Email content your customers will receive upon upload form submission.
- Form submission details will automatically be inserted between the "Email message" and "Company email signature" in the confirmation email sent to your customer.
- Company email signature: Add your company email signature (if applicable).