You can use either of the following methods to login to your Website Control Panel:
- Login to the VCG Portal at www.myvcg.com/login, click on Website (main navigation link), Website Control Panel, and then click on the "Launch Control Panel" button. Clicking the button will open a new login window in your browser to access the Website Control Panel interface. Please note that the login information may be separate from your VCG Portal login.
- Type the login URL for the Website Control Panel directly in your browser www.yourdomain.com:8880 (note that you need the :8880 at the end of your URL).
Your Website services account offers three powerful FTP options for allowing your clients to send you files through your site:
Custom Form Pages - Standard File Upload
Adding a custom form page to your Website enables your clients to upload files of up to 24MB each to your site's FTP directory. Adding a "Send a File" type custom form page to your Website is a very easy and convenient way to allow your clients to send you files without requiring them to have an FTP client, an account login, or any real familiarity with file transfer. Email notifications of files received when a file has been uploaded via your "Send a File" custom form page are sent to the email address you choose on setup. To learn more about adding file upload (FTP) functionality to a custom form page on your Website, please click here.
Note: You should delete files from your FTP directory after you have successfully downloaded them. File storage for your FTP directory is calculated as part of your total disk space allotment (2GB for most service plans). Exceeding your total disk space allotment may result in the suspension of your Website.
FTP Account Access
Your Website services account also comes with FTP functionality to allow password protected access by your clients using either their preferred FTP client software such as FileZilla, CuteFTP, Bulletproof FTP, Fetch, etc. or their FTP compatible browser such as Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer. In order to allow clients file transfer access via an FTP client or FTP compatible browser, you'll first need to setup an FTP account for them. To learn more about using an FTP compatible browser for file transfer, please click here to read this KB article.
For Standard File Upload (FTP), the FTP address for your Website is yourdomain.com:8880 (where yourdomain.com is your URL)
If you will be using FTP for multiple clients you may want to create unique directories for each client under you Private directory. If not, all files will go to the single location under the Private directory, and the files will be available to anyone that has a login (user account) to access that directory.
Follow these instructions to create a new FTP directory:
- Click on the Files tab on the left hand side.
- Click on the Private directory.
- Click on the New drop down and select Create Directory.
- Type in the Directory Name (no spaces) and click OK.
- You will now see the new directory populate in your Private folder.