Disclaimer: This article is intended to guide you in creating a Landing Page from scratch. If you intend on using existing products you will need to ensure the product is enabled and the pricing in place. If you'd like to view our default products with this feature, click here to learn more.
1. Create a new product page on website:
- Create a WSS Product Page. The navigation title will need to be named the exact same name as the department it's being associated to. If it's not, the Upload Artwork link will not show up and the links will not work properly.
- Add the following code to the body content section of the WSS product Page. To do this, you'll want to toggle into the HTML view by clicking on the "Source" button in the upper left hand corner of the web editor. Note: You will not want to have the page header or page image to display. You will accomplish this by checking the corresponding "Do not display" check boxes. You will want to enter this above any code that's already within the body content so this displays above the rest of your copy.
<div class="design_container"> <div class="section_top design_upload"> <h1>UPLOAD YOUR DESIGN</h1> <p>Upload your completed design file,<br /> then just relax, we'll take it from here!</p> <p><a class="inputButton callActionStore" href="/store/banners-215659.cfm">Upload Artwork »</a></p> </div> <div class="section_top design_divider"> </div> <div class="section_top design_designer"> <h1>DESIGN ONLINE</h1> <p>Don't have a design? Choose from 100's<br /> of templates to create one!</p> <p><a class="inputButton callActionStore" href="/store/banners-215659.cfm">Design Online »</a></p> </div> <div class="clear"> </div> </div>
- After you create the department in which you intend to link this product page to, you need to update the button links (example :/store/banners-215659.cfm) to your custom product URL. Make sure there is nothing additional after the cfm, example ?cg=1?r=1
2. Create a custom department within store:
- Create or edit a Custom Department. The department name must match that of the already created WSS product's Navigation Title it is associated with. If not, the Upload Artwork link will not show up and the links will not work properly.
- Select the landing page you'd like to use under the Department Landing Page tab on the left.
- Relate to catalog (If you're unsure on how to do this, view the later steps in the Custom Department link above). Note: You will want to make sure this is related to the Online Designer (Company Name > Hierachy > Online Designer).
- For this department to display correctly, you'll need to have products related to it. If the product is an existing RTS or DYO product you can simply update the pricing and set the product to
Active. All the other necessary settings for the landing page should be configured.
3. Create a new RTS or DYO Product:
Note for all products (RTS and DYO): You will need to check the following box while creating these products: No Associated Template. This box will be found under Product Settings.
Note for DYO Products: While you're creating a DYO product, there is a Product Class within the General tab. This drop down will need to be changed from Custom to DYO. Once the product is created, you'll need to view it within your store for one last step.
4. Add Design ID to Product within the Store Portal:
Tip: To target a newly created DYO Product you must first access your store Design Tool (using any product), click Select Product and target your new product.
Once you target the product, click "View Price/Details" and then click "Share" at the bottom of this drop down. You'll want to copy the URL you are presented with. For example, the whole URL will look similar to this: http://myvcgstore.com/store/index.cfm/do/site.dyo/DesignID/081915_CA92D459-AF58-DEF7-2D5820701D5D7BA8. However, the only "string" of information we'll need from this URL is the following Design ID: 081915_CA92D459-AF58-DEF7-2D5820701D5D7BA8. You will then want to copy and paste this "string" into the DYO Design ID field within the General tab of your created DYO product.
4. View Price/Details and click Share
5. This is the Design ID URL that you will need to copy in the Custom Template Form request (see below).
Paste the ID portion of the URL into the Design ID field under the product's General tab. Note: Use only the ID portion of the URL (example: http://myvcgprint.com/store/index.cfm/do/site.dyo/DesignID/102516_DDBEB850-CD95-7C52-5D0B67D74331DE25)