Your Website statistics are provided in your Website Control Panel. Since your Website Control Panel is third-party solution hosted outside of your VCG Portal, the login and interface is different.
There are two sections of Website reporting within the Website Control Panel (AWStats and general statistics). Both of these sections are found in the Statistics tab of your Your Website Control Panel.
To view your Website statistics:
- Login to your Website Control panel (see login instructions above).
- The Statistics tab contains detailed reports on how resources associated with your Website are used.
The following information is presented in charts:
- Disk space used by websites, mail accounts, databases, and other files located in your webspace.
- Traffic used by FTP, web, and mail services during the current month.
- FTP field shows the information about the total size of files transferred to and from the webspace over the file transfer protocol.
- HTTP field shows the information about the total amount of data transferred from all of your websites over HTTP protocol, that is, retrieved by web browsers.
- POP3/IMAP field shows the total amount of data received by all mail accounts under your domains.
- SMTP field shows the total amount of data sent by all mail accounts under your domains.
- To view a report on the amount of data transferred to and from your sites over FTP, click FTP Statistics to launch AWStats (a new browser window will open. See below for more information on AWStats.
- To view a report on the amount of traffic used by services during a certain month, click Data Transfer Statistics, and select the required month from the menu.
- To view a report on how your website is visited, click Web Statistics.
- Unique Visitors - Number of clients hosts (IP Address) who came to visit the site and at least visited one page.
- Number of visits - A new visit is defined as each new incoming visitor.
- Pages - Number of times a page on the site was viewed.
- Hits - Number of times a page, image, file of the site is viewed or downloaded by someone.
- Bandwidth - This refers to the amount of data downloaded by all.
AWStats is a powerful and feature rich tool that generates advanced web, streaming, or mail server statistics, graphically.
Some of the detailed reporting that AWStats is able to show you includes:
- Number of visits, and number of unique visitors
- Visits duration and last visits
- Days of week and rush hours
- Domains/countries of hosts visitors
- Hosts list
- Most viewed, entry and exit pages
- Operating Systems used
- Browsers used