The VCG website editor comes pre-loaded with many different professionally designed skins that allow you to have a unique and brilliant site with the click of a button. However, some customers desire to personalize the look and feel of their website even more. The VCG website editor has many features that allow you to customize the look and feel of your website as much or as little as you like. While we allow for quite a lot of customization, there are some elements of the website that you cannot change. This is done for a couple of reasons, to ensure your site is rendering properly and your content is being displayed in the best possible way.
What you CAN change with the VCG website editor -
- Change Site Design - We've pre-loaded the VCG website design tool with dozens of site design skins and color options for you to choose from. You can change your base design skin as often as you like.
- Change Site colors - Each design skin comes with a variety of select able "color schemes". You can also change the color of most page elements such as links, backgrounds and borders individually to better match your corporate colors.
- Change Header Fonts (H1, H2, etc) - The VCG website design tool allows you customize you website with unique header fonts, with over 30 to choose from you're sure to find the font that fits your particular needs.
- Change Font Size - You have the ability to change the size of both your body font and your header fonts.
- Change Navigation Style/Position - Every design provides you with the ability to select the location and style of the site navigation that best suits your design needs.
- Change/Add Background Images - The easiest and most powerful way to define how your site looks is with custom background images. The VCG website design tool gives you the ability to upload custom background images to your site.
- Customize Content - Your VCG website comes loaded with pre-written, industry specific content and images to give you fully loaded website out of the box. But we've given users the ability, and highly encourage them to customize the content of their website. You can edit text and image, however users with HTML knowledge can use the content HTML editor to create a truly unique content presentation. To toggle to the HTML view, simply click on the "Source" button on the page you'd like to adjust. You can toggle back to the "what you see is what you get" editor by clicking the "Source" button once more.
- Manage Main Navigation Items - You can choose to turn off some of the website navigation items if you deem them to be unnecessary for your website.
- Add Social Network - Add links to your social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter. Adding these links in the VCG website design tool places the appropriate icons onto your website.
- Add Google Analytics - Track the traffic on your website by adding Google Analytics.
- Change Home Button Link - You can direct the "Home" button in your navigation to link to any url you choose.
- Add Page Titles, Keywords & Descriptions - You can give each page on your website unique META information that help search engines locate and index your website.
- Add Custom Graphic Headers - Graphic headers are images that span the entire width of your content area. They are 990px wide, but the user can define the height if they want a taller or shorter graphic header. Each VCG website design skin has a different graphic header height.
- Add Custom Products & Services Pages - Users have the ability to create custom pages under the Products and Services navigation tabs.
- Change Products & Services Sub-Nav Labels - You have the ability to change the label of each sub-nav item.
We've had to make some areas of your VCG website non-editable:
- Change Body Copy Color - The body copy color is dark gray, #333333. If you'd like another color, reach out to your VCG support team.
- Change Main Navigation Text for standard pages - You cannot change the text of any main navigation link. If you create a custom page, you have complete control over the navigation text for a custom page.
- Add/Replace Main Navigation Links - At this time you cannot add or replace links to your main navigation.
- Change Layout/Structure of Your Site - Due to the nature of the information being presented within your website, you are unable to alter the structural elements of your site.