Clients with websites created prior to April 22, 2019 (v1.0)
VCG is not able to host a blog on your website at this time. You do have two options to have blog content on your website. If you have a blog online, you can iFrame that blog into your website. Or, if you'd like you can create a custom page to have whatever content you'd like. This article will explain both options.
You can however add an iFrame. An iFrame is literally a window-within-a-window on your site. On a page on your site we can create a window that shows the view of a completely different site. In this way you can include the contents from another site on a page of your own site. It is relatively easy to do and offers a solution to showing content on your site that is being hosted on another site.
Here's how to create an iFrame on your site to include your blog:
- Create your account with someone to host your blog. This will give you an independent blog site.
- Create a new page on your Home site for the blog (name it 'Blog' or 'News', etc.)
- On the new page, click the "Source" button to toggle to the HTML view, then place this line of code: <iframe src="http://*****.com/" width="100%" height="600" style="border:0;"></iframe>
- Note: You can adjust the height to be shorter or taller per your preference, but we suggest leaving the width at 100%.
- Replace the five asterisks (*****) with the URL of your Hosted Blog (replace '.com', if you need to)
- Save, and load. You should see your blog appear within a window on your new page.
This code will however need to be customized to match your request, if you have any questions/concerns about this, please don't hesitate to let us know. We're here to help!
You can also create a custom page on your website that you have complete control over the content. Click here to learn how to create custom pages.
Clients with websites created after April 22, 2019 (v2.0)
Changes to your website are made by logging into your cPanel account and then by using any HTML editor (example Dreamweaver, Notepad ++, etc). We're happy to help you make your changes. If you'd like us to help, please contact support. To learn more about the new version (2.0), click here.