We now offer a new and improved file upload facility called ExaVault. The ExaVault file upload option is available to VCG subscriptions that include either a Store or the Website - Hosting Max option.
Each Store and / or Website - Hosting Max subscription will automatically have an ExaVault account created for them. Unless you specifically request otherwise, your ExaVault account will be established with the same email address and password as that of your myVCG "Account Owner" user. This email address will also be established as your ExaVault "username". Please note that while you will have the option of self-managing your ExaVault email address and password within the ExaVault user interface (under the heading of "Account"), changes to your ExaVault username will need to be requested of and made by VCG.
The benefits of ExaVault
- All artwork files that are uploaded by your customers through your store as "companion graphics" to an ordered ready to ship (RTS) product or via your website's "My Account > Upload Artwork" facility, are uploaded to your ExaVault account. As such, your ExaVault account is a necessity in order to benefit from these features of your store / website.
- While your website's Standard file upload option restricts your users to uploading files that are less than 24MB in size, the ExaVault large file upload option carries no such file size restriction, and as such, is perfect for allowing your customers a facility for large file uploads through your website.
- The ExaVault user interface offers an easier to use, more efficient means of accepting, managing, and downloading customer files than does the Standard file upload FTP alternative.
Note: Comprehensive "Help" content (specific to the page that you're viewing) is always available to you within the ExaVault user interface itself.
The basics of your ExaVault account functionality are as follows:
- Files get uploaded by your customers through your website or store to your ExaVault account
- You receive email notification from ExaVault that files have been uploaded
- You login to your ExaVault account and download these files to your local computer (and then delete them from your ExaVault account)
You could think of the process as a "triangle", with files being uploaded from your website up to your ExaVault account, and then being downloaded (by you) from your ExaVault account to your local computer (and then deleted - manually - from your ExaVault account).
When customers upload files to your ExaVault account via your store, you'll find those files in your account's "Store - Artwork Uploads" folder. When customers upload files to your ExaVault account via a "custom form page" on your website, you'll find those files in your account's "Website - File Uploads" folder.
Note: Your ExaVault account is intended as a file transfer facility and not as a long term file storage option. Your total storage is limited to 25GB, and all files uploaded to your ExaVault account will automatically expire and be deleted after 60 days (you will receive multiple email notifications, days before any files are automatically deleted). To ensure that no uploaded files are lost, please be sure to proactively manage your ExaVault account by downloading and then deleting files prior to their expiration.
The ExaVault large file upload option will allow your users to upload files of any type / extension. As such, please be careful / diligent when downloading files from ExaVault to your local computer. Any files of unfamiliar or unexpected extension types should be verified with your users prior to downloading, and should be scanned for viruses by your local computer prior to opening.
To learn how to use ExaVault, please refer to our User Guide.