Verifying your website is easy with Google Webmaster Tools. To explore your verification options, follow the steps below to access the Google Webmaster Tools verification page:
- Go to https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/.
- Log into your Google account.
- Enter your URL (example: https://myvcg.com) into the URL prefix option on the right-hand side.
- Click Continue.
- Under "Other verification methods" below, click on the drop-down for HTML tag.
- Copy the whole meta tag and provide it to your VCG support team. Here's an example of what the code will look like:
<meta name="google-site-verification" content="fd8MyWsOjse2H2iVfB32A0BpK0jhC_fNeVsVOPIiRTw" />
We will inform you when it's been implemented on your website. At that point you'll be able to click the "Verify" button to verify it's been uploaded correctly.
Once you've verified your domain, you'll receive an email from Google with more steps on how to better optimize your website for search engines.