You can use merge fields in one of two places, in your company's email signature and within email templates. Click here to learn what merge fields are available. If you'd like to learn more about editing your company's email signature or any of your email templates, click the corresponding link to learn more.
- How to create and edit company signature
- How to create and edit personal email templates
- How to create and edit company-wide email templates
Note: Only administrative accounts can create and edit the company signature as well as the company-wide email templates. However, any user can create their own personal email templates.
Important notes about using merge fields:
- To copy a merge field, simply click on the desired merge field. Doing so will automatically copy it and you will see a verification popup saying "Copied" once you click on a merge field.
- You must paste the merge fields within the body section. Merge fields cannot be applied to the subject line. You will paste the merge field where you'd like for it to display within the body section.
Now let's discuss where these merge fields pull the data from:
- Client Fields - Comes from the corresponding fields within that client. If you're wondering what data you have for this client specifically, I suggest viewing the How to edit a client user guide.
- Location Fields - Comes from the corresponding fields within that location. If you're wondering what data you have for this location specifically, I suggest viewing the How to edit a location user guide.
- Project Fields - Comes from the corresponding fields within that project. If you're wondering what data you have for this project specifically, I suggest viewing the How to edit a project user guide.
- Company Fields - This is information about your company. If you're an administrator, click here to learn how to view your Company details.
- User Fields: Comes from the corresponding fields within your login. Click here to learn how to view your user/account information.
- Link Fields - This link field will appear in your email as a text link that says "Accept Network Connection". The recipient will simply need to click that link in the email that they receive to accept your invitation and join your Network. As such, you may wish to surround this link in your email with some relevant explanatory text.