You can add a project by following these steps:
- Click on the White Plus symbol in the upper right, then choose the New Project option. Or, if you're in the Projects tab, you can click the Add a New Project link in the top right.
- The first step in creating a new Project is to assign it to a Client. As you begin to type in a client name, after 3 characters the process will start to "hunt" for already existing in PRO client names of yours - you can select an existing client or proceed to create a new client by simply entering a name that doesn't yet exist.
- Once you've selected a client, you'll need to input the project details. Note that the default visible data elements are the ONLY ones needed in order to create your new project, but you can always choose to click the "show optional fields" links if you wish to add more detail.
- If you chose an existing client name from the list that you were presented with, as you begin to enter a project address, after 3 characters the process will start to "hunt" for already existing in PRO project addresses of yours for this client - you can select an existing project address or create a new one by simply entering an address that doesn't yet exist.
- Once done, click the Add Project button at the bottom to add your project to PRO.
- Client Name: Your client / customer name.
- Project Title: Title or name of the project.
- Project Type: The type of project (ie: Installation, Manufacture, etc).
- Address/City/State/Zip/Country: Please note that although all address fields are required, if your project doesn't yet have a specific, complete address you can enter something like "TBD" for address and / or zip. At minimum, an actual city and state must be provided however, otherwise PRO won't know where to search for contractors.
- Location: The name of the location (ie: Rolling Hills Mall, 123 E. Main).
- Time Zone: The time zone of the project's location.
- Project No.: This is your internal unique identifier for your project. If you plan on using PRO's "Import Data" feature this is a required field, otherwise it's optional.
- Project ID: This is an allowance for an internal "friendly" project identifier.
- Status: The status of the project (Pending, Out for Bid, etc).
- Project Budget: You can use this to set the project's budget.
- Start/End dates: The start/end dates for this project.
- Description: A description of the project.
- Project Lead: The PRO user to be set as the project lead for this project. Note: As a default, it will be set to the person who creates the project.
- Project Users: Select other PRO users that will have access to this project. Note: All PRO administrators will have access to all projects in PRO. Therefore, you will not see your administrators in this list.
- Project Contact: If you know the general contact for this project you can enter their contact information.
- Project Site Information: If you know the general contractor for this project you can enter their contact information.