You can use either of the following methods to login to your SmarterMail account:
- Login to the VCG Portal at www.myvcg.com/login, click on Website (main navigation link), Site Admin, SmarterMail, and then click on the Launch SmarterMail button. Clicking the button will open a new login window in your browser to access the SmaterMail interface. Please note that the login information may be separate from your VCG Portal login.
- Type the login URL for SmarterMail directly in your browser http://webmail.[yourdomain.com], where [yourdomain.com] is the Internet address of your Website.
Your VCG hosted environment provides access to three different interfaces, myVCG Portal, and two powerful third-party account management interfaces, Website Control Panel, and SmarterMail (email). They are all distinctly different interfaces, and are, in no way, related to one another. To learn more about each of these interfaces, please visit the appropriate section highlighted in the Contents pane to your left.
You use myVCG Portal for:
- VCG account management
- Website Builder
- Signsearch Network profile management
- VCG Resources
- Access to VCG Support portal
- Online Store account management
You use Website Control Panel for:
- Setup and manage FTP accounts and files
- View website visitor statistics
- Monitor disk space and traffic usage
You use SmarterMail for:
- All email account management features
- Calendar management
- Contact management
Please note that your login information can be, and likely is, different for each of these interfaces. That is, this information is stored independently. Any changes you make to your Website Control Panel account information will not be reflected in the Portal or SmarterMail, and vice versa. While VCG can always reset your login information, this is something that we do not store or have access to. If you lose your login information, we will reset it upon request.
In Smartermail 16 adding a logo or image to your signature is made easy with the new File Storage option. We will also go over how to add your image(s) in the website Image Library if you prefer that interface.
Note: Both of the following options will show you how to make your images available online. Images can be dragged and dropped into the Signature field but in testing, we've found images added this way are not always visible depending on the recipient's email client.
To add an image to your signature using Smartermail's File Storage feature follow these steps:
- Click the File Storage at the top.
- Click Upload at the top an select your file.
- Click on the image card to open the configuration options.
- Toggle the Enable Public Access feature (the downloadable link should appear).
- Copy the Public Downloadable Link (we will use this later) and click Save.
- Click the Settings (gear) icon at the top and select Signatures.
- Click + New Signature.
- Add a Name and select the + symbol above the text area to expand the text options.
- Select the Code View (</>) icon and past in your image code:
- <img src="[paste downloadable link here]"/>
- Click the Code View (</>) icon to return to the default text editor and add your signature text if applicable.
- Click Save.
- At this point, if you haven't already, select your defaulted Signature from the Mapped Field list.
- Click Save.
You can also use your website Image Library to upload and host images - How to upload an image or document to the image library
Once uploaded retrieve the image path URL from your Image Library. Directly above the Image Library window, you will see a URL in bold. This is the path to enter when placing an image on your page. You will need to add the image filename to the end of the URL string. In the example below, we will be uploading an image named "Equipment.jpg", and the example path URL (in bold) is http://www.myvcgstore.com/images/996842F6/[image_name], therefore
- myvcgstore.com is your Website domain
- 996842F6 is a system generated folder for your custom image library
- [image_name] will be the filename of your image, in this example, Equipment.jpg
Once you have your custom image URL follow steps 6-14 above.