PRO allows you to associate projects with project specific file folders that exist in your company's Google Drive account. When logged into your company's Google Drive account, your users will then be able to view those project linked files within PRO, assuming that your Google Drive user permissions allow them to do so.
Setup - Google:
- First, you must set up your Google account. Get started with Drive for G Suite - Click here for Google's user guide on the subject. You'll want to go through this user guide in it's entirety.
Setup - PRO:
Once the settings in your Google account have been configured, you can then integrate it with your project in PRO:
- Retrieve the Folder ID that the project's files are located. To do so, navigate to the folder within your Google Drive and copy the URL at the top of your screen. The Folder ID is the alphanumeric value found after "folders/" in the URL.
So, for example, if your folder URL is:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1iqp0kGPjWsNDg5NWFlZjEtN2IwZ Then your folder ID is the value: 0B1iqp0kGPjWsNDg5NWFlZjEtN2IwZ
- Navigate to the desired project in PRO. If you're unsure of how to do this, click here.
- Once within the project, click on the Files tab on the left.
- Click on the Google Drive Folder ID link in the top-right.
- Paste in the Folder ID and save.
- Do I need to be logged into my Google account to view these files? Yes, you'll need to be logged into your Google account within the same internet browser you're logged into PRO with.
- Why am I seeing an empty window in my Files tab? Ensure that you're logged into your Google account within the same internet browser you're logged into PRO with.
- It says I do not have the permissions to see these files? Ensure that your Google account has the correct permission settings in order to view these files. Click here for more information.
- Can I manage my Google Drive folders and files through PRO? No, you'll manage your folders and files within your Google account which will synchronize with your files tab in PRO.